Most patients can have access to their GP records online including their consultations, medical history, test results, immunisations and medications.
If you believe that there are any factual inaccuracies within your medical record, you can submit a written request with supporting reasons to the practice to have this amended. Please ensure that your contact details are correct in the event we need to contact you to discuss your request.
We can only consider requests that are regarding factual inaccuracies such as an incorrect date or measurement. Please note that other information, such as clinical opinions, cannot be changed.
Please see the below for steps taken when a request is made:
- A patient discovers that there is an error and would like this changed.
- The patient should submit a written request to amend their medical record to the practice, ideally by email. Alternatively, it can be submitted in person or by post:
Cowley Road Medical Practice
East Oxford Health Centre
- The request will be considered, but may not be granted if the practice determines that:
– The record held is factual, accurate and complete;
– Was not created by the practice;
– The patient is querying an opinion or decision by a clinician that they disagree with.
- The practice has 30 days to respond to written notification, and may extend the frame by an additional 30 days, if necessary.