It is not a case of being nosey.
Our patient care co-ordinators are trained members of the practice team. They have received training from our doctors to find out from patients why they are booking an appointment.
This is to make sure that you receive:
- the most appropriate medical care,
- from the most appropriate health professional that maybe quicker than waiting for a GP
- at the most appropriate time.
They are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls.
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care.
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other healthcare professionals where appropriate.
As with all members of the team, they are bound by confidentiality rules.
- Any information given by you is treated as strictly confidential.
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with it accordingly.
- When attending in person, you can ask to speak to our patient care co-ordinators in private, away from the reception desk.
- However if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will be respected.
Thank you for your support and understanding.