Our responsibility to you
We are family doctors and we wish not only to treat illness but also to prevent it. We aim to use the whole health-care team (doctors, health visitors, nurses and administrative staff) to encourage better health. Please feel free to talk to us on any health issue; if we cannot help you ourselves we can probably put you in touch with someone who can.
- We will treat you with courtesy, respect and sensitivity at all times
- We will endeavour to maintain the highest standards of medical practice at all times
- We will keep the consultation and your computer written records confidential
- We will provide you with emergency care promptly when you need it
- We endeavour to offer all patients access to a doctor within two working days
Your responsibility to us
- We ask that you treat doctors and staff with courtesy and respect at all times
- On occasions the patient care co-ordinators may need to ask certain questions so that they may deal with your requests in an appropriate manner
- If you cannot keep an appointment please let us know as soon as possible, as this may enable someone else to be seen
- Any patient who is late for an appointment may be asked to book another appointment
- Visitors must not bring drugs, alcohol or dogs on to the premises. Please switch off your mobile phone.
- Any person who is verbally or physically aggressive or abusive will be subject to appropriate action in line with current NHS policy
NHS staff must be able to come to work without fear of violence, abuse or harassment from patients or their relatives. The NHS has a zero tolerance attitude towards violence.
Violence, threatening or abusive behaviour including shouting and swearing will not be tolerated at this practice.
Patients who act in such a manner will be asked to leave the premises; the Police may be called and you could be removed from our patient list.
Our staff are here to help you, please treat them with respect.